Enhance technical communication skills when speaking, reading, and writing English
IEEE, in partnership with Cambridge University Press, has developed a program of online English communication instruction for engineers and other technical professionals.
The IEEE English for Engineering online learning resource teaches the communication skills and specialized English language knowledge that engineering professionals need, and delivers them in an engaging series of interactive online modules.
Features and Benefits
- Access more than 12 hours of training to enhance communication skills across four dynamic and interactive modules: Speaking in Technical English, Listening and Comprehension, Technical Writing, and Reading and Understanding Technical Publications
- Learn across three course levels: Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Print individual certificates upon successful completion of each level
- Take the placement exam to assess new students and guide level selection
- Practice using and become more familiar with the specialized language needed for work with a course focus on technical and semi-technical vocabulary
- Advance through the lessons individually and receive feedback on progress
- Strengthen and enhance communication skills for project collaboration and career advancement
Convenient Online Learning
Enjoy the flexibility of online access to the world’s highest quality, peer-reviewed technical learning content in engineering and technology, delivered in the way that works best for your organization.
IEEE Learning Network (ILN)
- Enhanced topic browse and search, personalized LMS functionality, and learning navigation features
- Reports available to track course usage and performance
- Print CEU and PDH certificates upon successful course completion
IEEE Xplore Digital Library
- Streamlined access to courses using existing IEEE Xplore credentials
- Discover more eLearning content of interest through an easy-to-use browse experience, with filtering by topic
Use Your Own Learning Management System
- SCORM-compliant files delivered for loading on your organization’s LMS
- Use your existing learning reporting system to track course usage and performance