Enhance technical communication skills when speaking, reading, and writing English
IEEE, in partnership with Cambridge University Press, has developed a program of online English communication instruction for engineers and other technical professionals.
The IEEE English for Engineering online learning resource teaches the communication skills and specialized English language knowledge that engineering professionals need, and delivers them in an engaging series of interactive online modules.
Features and benefits
- Access more than 45 hours of training to enhance communication skills across four dynamic and interactive modules: Speaking in Technical English, Listening and Comprehension, Technical Writing, and Reading and Understanding Technical Publications
- Learn across three course levels: Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Print individual certificates upon successful completion of each level
- Take the placement exam to assess new students and guide level selection
- Practice using and become more familiar with the specialized language needed for work with a course focus on technical and semi-technical vocabulary
- Advance through the lessons individually and receive feedback on progress
- Strengthen and enhance communication skills for project collaboration and career advancement
Delivered through the IEEE Xplore Digital Library
Access all course content through IEEE Xplore with an improved experience that provides:
- Streamlined access to all content from IEEE in one place, using existing IEEE Xplore credentials
- A modern, mobile friendly design for convenient online learning
- An easy-to-use browse experience, with filtering by topic
- Access to all the powerful features of IEEE Xplore, including enhanced search capabilities and filtering, self-service usage statistics, and more
How to subscribe
IEEE English for Engineering (online)—2018 single-site price US$8,995
Additional subscription options are available.