Wide range of IEEE journals score in top tier in latest Journal Citation Reports™
IEEE once again dominated the citation rankings across multiple technology fields including Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Hardware, Automation & Control Systems, Cybernetics, Imaging Science, and more, according to the 2022 Journal Citation Reports (JCR) from Clarivate, released in late June 2023.
Some highlights from the report:
- A wide range of IEEE publications were consistently listed among the most-cited journals in multiple technology categories of the JCR findings as measured by Journal Impact Factor (JIF):
- 15 of the top 20 journals in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- 10 of the top 10 journals in Telecommunications
- 5 of the top 10 journals in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence
- 3 of the top 5 journals in Automation and Control systems
- 3 of the top 5 journals in Computer Science, Cybernetics
- IEEE journals ranked No. 1 in JIF in several categories including Cybernetics, Information Systems, Imaging Science, Telecommunications and Remote Sensing.
- IEEE has more top quartile publications than any other publisher in many core fields of interest including Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Automation and Control, Computer Hardware, Imaging Science and more.
- Several IEEE journals saw significant increases in Journal Impact Factor, with some increasing as much as 30%, 40%, or even 70% over the prior year.
- In addition, 12 of IEEE’s new fully open access journals launched in 2020 have received their first Journal Impact Factors.
- Looking at other bibliometric measurements, IEEE has 9 of the top 10 journals in Electrical Engineering by Eigenfactor Score. IEEE Access, IEEE’s largest fully open access publication, is ranked as the No. 1 journal by Eigenfactor in Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.
Thank you to our authors, reviewers, and editors for their important contributions to help IEEE continue to publish the highest quality publications. For more detailed information on IEEE rankings and how each bibliometric measurement is calculated, please see the full results or view the complete news release.